Every year my kids and I head up to the Mt Vernon to take our annual picture in front of the tulips.
Did you know? Tulips are one of the only flowers that continue to grow after you cut the stem.
- They have a beautiful garden to the left of the entrance. The planning that went into the garden was impressive. Each bed has a gorgeous display of different tulips of early and late bloomers.
- The food options are delicious with hamburgers/hotdogs and snacks like kettle corn.
- 2 different stores set them apart from other locations. A specific tulip store with fresh cut and potted flowers.
- As you walk through the gates, there is a wonderful indoor display of different tulip types. If it is raining, this is a wonderful option for kids.
- Similar to Roozengaarde, they have a beautiful garden to visit. Their flowers are fenced off to protect them from the grabby kiddos.
- The fields aren’t fenced off and have a tractor that will take you around the exterior. Great hay ride for the kids.
Both locations are great options for that annual picture in front of the colorful tulip fields.