Looking for a cheap but beautiful craft for your kiddos. These snowflakes ornaments are perfect for kids of all ages.
I saw this picture online and it makes the popsicle stick ornament look so elegant.
This project began when I was on Facebook and saw my friend’s son made this popsicle snowflake ornament for his Christmas tree. I showed my daughter and she wanted to make them for our tree too.
I’m lucky all the supplies can be found at the dollar store.
- Popsicle sticks
- Paint and brush
- Mod podge
- Hot glue and gun
- Festive stickers
For toddlers, I recommend pre-gluing the popsicle sticks together to avoid a big mess. But painting can be messy too. Good luck either way. We used acrylic paint because it is permanent. Though washable paint would work fine (just beware the paint can run if it gets wet).
- Glue 2 popsicle sticks into a plus (+).
- Repeat step 1 so you have 2 pluses (+).
- Glue the 2 pluses (+) together. Let dry.
- Paint the popsicle sticks. Front and back. Let it dry in between.
- Once dry, add MOG PODGE then sprinkle the glitter.
- My daughter finished the ornament with adding a couple festive stickers.
- Add a ribbon loop to one end with hot glue.
Here is the the finished craft. I’m so proud of my daughter!! She loves the color blue and made it just her style. Happy holidays!